I'm just a southern girl livin' a Charmed Life with my husband in Tennessee. I love all things romantic and I think that glitter can make anything beautiful. This is my journey, hope you can come along...



Saturday, February 5, 2011

Kitchen/Dining area project

Hey y'all! Well, I've been working on my kitchen for lets say a year and a half. I've painted, painted again, and painted again...LOL! I've NEVER just loved the kitchen or felt as if I was achieving my vision for it. I wanted a place that would be functional and cozy. I wanted to be able to display my favorite collection of antique china plates and all my other things I'd collected over the years. I've finally found a paint color that I feel allows me to use all sorts of my favorite colors and my things are fitting in nicely. I'm really excited about where the kitchen is headed and its starting to feel warm and cozy and livable. Here are a few pics of what it is so far. The armoire is NOT staying in here but it is so heavy and we can't move it out until I move some other things out of the room it will eventually go in and that won't be until it warms up. I have to transfer a bunch of stuff to my basement....which is aka my dirty little secret....! I need some ideas for the little white buffet. Should I do lamps? I would like to fill it up with something. I'm going to paint my large island black and this spring I will be painting my kitchen cabinets a nice shabby chic white. I will also continue to fill the walls and get balloon curtains for over the sink. So this is it so far....







1 comment:

  1. What color is this yellow? I chose Bronzed Beige for my yellow.

    Discovered your blog from Edie's appetizer post.

    ReplyDelete