I'm just a southern girl livin' a Charmed Life with my husband in Tennessee. I love all things romantic and I think that glitter can make anything beautiful. This is my journey, hope you can come along...



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

FOOD, CLOTHES, LEATHER SECTIONAL and Bachelor Monday!

This past weekend was soooooooo much fun! My hubby and I spent Friday evening going to our favorite Mexican restaurant and then hopping on over to BIG LOTS to check out their outdoor patio furniture. Well, on our way in they Hubby spotted a leather sectional. The Hubby is ALL about sectionals. We've gone back and forth with whether or not to get one or just use the 2 sofa's we already have. I hate that with the 2 sofa's we aren't able to lounge comfortably together because the man's 6'3"and I'm scrunched up in a ball on the other end. Well, we came home and all we talked about was how nice that leather sectional would be in our house. We measured the room, and decided where we'd put it....we were hooked! So, Saturday we got up and kept talking about it. See... they told us at BIG LOTS that on March 6th the sofa would be 20% off! WOW! We wanted to wait to take advantage of this great offer but worried about there being any left by then. They only had 1 on display and 1 in the back. YIKES! So, back to our FUN weekend....on Saturday we headed to Knoxville and shopped and ate and just had the best day together. We're best friends and since I usually work on Saturday's we don't get to spend a whole lot of time together on the weekend. So, we had a blast! I bought some new clothes and sunglasses and makeup and we ate some amazing pizza at Brixx Pizza...yum! If you've not tried it you should. Then for dinner we had Five Guy's Burger's and Fries. Gosh we sure ate a lot over the weekend! Well, so we came home and started talking about the sectional again. Sunday morning came and we went down to BIG LOTS to check it out one more time...oh I forgot to mention that we went by BIG LOTS on our way to Knoxville on Sat. too just to see it again...LOL! So, we decided on Sunday to go ahead and pull the trigger. We really wanted this sofa and it was already at such a great price. The sales man had seen us in there now for the 3rd time and he said to us...."I'm going to go ahead and give you all the sale price on the sofa!" Oh, my word! We almost jumped up and down and screamed like 2 school girls...but we composed ourselves and just smiled real big and thanked the kind gentlemen. So without further ado here's the NEW sectional we bought! We can't pick it up until this weekend. Now it's a lot darker in person than it looks in this picture. It's a rich dark brown.
Okay, now onto Bachelor Monday....I am pulling for Ms. Emily! I LOVE her! She's a doll! But what I really want to talk about is her house! It's amazing!!!  I WANT HER HOUSE!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with that sofa! And....I'm pulling for Emily on The Bachelor as well! I've loved her from the start! I'm soooooo nervous to see what happens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of getting the same sofa. Can you tell me if it's holding up well?

    dana@ashdonjobs.com


    (and I agree about the glitter statement. Shiney things make everything better)

    ReplyDelete