I'm just a southern girl livin' a Charmed Life with my husband in Tennessee. I love all things romantic and I think that glitter can make anything beautiful. This is my journey, hope you can come along...



Monday, January 25, 2010

My Home is a Collection of the things I cannot live without.

Well, i don't know about anyone else but my home has been so hard for me to figure out as far as the decorating goes. I look through hundreds of magz for ideas on what color schemes to go with and what sort of look and feel I wanted my home to have and slowly,but surely I'm figuring it out. The best advice a friend gave me was to take one room at a time. If you take on too many projects at once you won't ever complete them and you might continue to change your mind a lot. I was reading an article the other day that was written by a designer in the D.C.area and she said not to buy anything you aren't obsessed with. I LOVE that bit of advice. I have come to find that if I will just let a wall sit empty that in due time I will find that perfect piece to fill it, but if I make a hasty choice chances are I won't end up loving my purchase and I'll have wasted money on something I don't really love. It seems that the things I have continued to keep over the years and can't part with are those things that when I bought them I could not resist! And even though they were all purchased at different times and when I was going through different phases of decor style they all seem to tie together somehow and look great. My kitchen is my main project right now.


I have purchased 2 awesome chalkboards( that I will post pics of)for a wall in my kitchen and I have looked at these suckers on-line now for about 3months. I know I am in-love with them. I cannot wait to get them and put them up! I plan on hanging the Red mirror up on the left side of the window and I need something cool and funky to hang on the other side. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. I know that it takes a lifetime to fill in your home with this and that and I look forward to the journey.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog!! Your kitchen looks so cute. I need to do some major updates on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! Welcome to blog world. Love the pics of your kitchen. This is a great place to share our projects and ideas with each other. I'm sure you'll become addicted like the rest of us!
    lots of love,
    edie

    ReplyDelete