I'm just a southern girl livin' a Charmed Life with my husband in Tennessee. I love all things romantic and I think that glitter can make anything beautiful. This is my journey, hope you can come along...



Saturday, January 30, 2010

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S COME OVER ME!

It must be the snow that has inspired me today. Snow seems to do that. It's so beautiful as it falls and begins to lay on the trees and cover the ground. I've been thinking a lot about my home these last few days and what projects I want to start on and finish. Before I knew it I was grabbing my scissors out of the junk drawer and snipping the thread on my balloon curtains in my kitchen. YIKES!!!! I just don't know what's come over me! See I had something different in mind and even game my curtain lady a pic of EXACTLY what I wanted when I brought her my fabric for the project. I am a VERY specific person and VERY detailed....sometimes OCD...okay I admit it. I am trying to get better but that's just who I am. I had been carrying around a pic in my scrapbook of my favorite things for about two years. I was more than ready to committ to these curtains and live with them for years to come. So,I go to pick them up and of course you don't know what things will look like until they are hung up and poofed and all that,so I come home and hang them(its Christmas Eve)and well I was disapointed....BIG time! What's a girl to do. I had spent WAY TOO much money to not use them and complaning about it to the lady wouldn't have gotten me anywhere because the damage had been done. Did she not understand the pic! Really? Okay so you get the point. I was not happy! Well I just decided that I would take it upon myself to snip the threads and the whole time I'm thinking...hmmm this could turn out to be a disaster. Well, it didn't! I like them so much more and I have decided to add a trim to them myself using a hot glue gun(the best GUN there is). I am discovering that my home only has to live up to MY expectations and no one elses. As long as I am lovin' it and comfortable in it that is all that matters. So, while I was overcome with some inspiration I also took on another small project...the other day I was surfing the net and came across the cutest Chandelier sleeves. They had polkadots. Well I am cookoo for polkadots...love em' love love love me some polkadots. I thought to myself...hmmmm spend $15 a pair or just take off the sleeves of my black chandeliers and use a handy dandy paint marker and make me some polka dots. Well I usually talk to my SIS about all my ideas before I follow through with them...I really like to talk things out with her and get her opionion. She says to me " Well, if you do it, its perminate. You spent a lot on those and well I would just hate for you to mess them up!" What the? Geez thanks Kelley! So I start second guessing my decision and think oh my she's right what if? Then a calm comes over me and I thought....SPRAY PAINT! The can of magic. If its a bust I will just spray paint over those little suckers, YES that is what i'll do! Let me tell ya' they are pretty darn cute if I do say so myself. I'm impressed. Hopefully the inspiration will keep on coming. I will be posting pics soon and over the next couple of days I hope to finish painting the other side of my kitchen and hanging my new chalkboard frames I ordered. I am soooo very excited about these frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment