I'm just a southern girl livin' a Charmed Life with my husband in Tennessee. I love all things romantic and I think that glitter can make anything beautiful. This is my journey, hope you can come along...



Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Farmer's Know Best and I'm feeling LUCKY!


Many people around this neck of the woods are just hatin' on all the snow we've been having here in East TN. Over the past 10 yrs we've not had very much snow and every year people are complaing about it(Probably "ME" the most) and now we're finally having a GREAT WHITE WINTER and people are sick of it already. Good Grief people! I myself am a LOVER of the snow. I love to sit by my window in my BIG comfy chair curled up with a blanket just watching it fall. Snow is so magical. It brings a since of calm over me unlike anything else. This morning my husband wakes me up and say's"Honey, it's snowing outside!!!!" I said to him" Is it really? Your not joking right?" You see SNOW is not a joking matter at our house....its very serious business. I knew as soon as I saw the snow outide my window this morning that it was going to be a great day! My honey who teaches got out of school and I had the day off, so we bundled up and went out to Mickey D's for breakfast .(We always have to get out in the snow and do something even if its just driving around in it).  While we were sitting there eating our delicious breakfast burritos the best idea came to mind.....POWER BALL!  You see every night my honey and I see the powerball come on and we always yell out our guesses. We laugh b/c we always talk about when we win the lottery, but hey we've never played....So today after we finished eating we went across the street to purchase our very FIRST PowerBall ticket! WOOHOO!!! We stood there trying to pick out the most lucky numbers we could think of(these would be dates,ages,etc..we're both very sentimental) and talking back and forth about how we'll spend our fortune. It was such a rush! And even though I'm not a gamblin' girl my honey's in education and it goes towards that right? RIGHT! So for today I am just sitting in my chair watching the snow fall and enjoying being still. And of course waiting until 6:59 tonight when they will announce the winner of powerball. Unlike lately this snow wasn't even forcast but it came anyway. The Farmer's Almanac is calling for a very cold and snowy winter which I am very excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment